Peru 2010 – Project Macedonia
“During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, ‘Come over to Macedonia and help us.’ ” Acts 16:9
Location—South American Division North Peru Union Mission North Pacific Mission Trujillo, Peru
Urgent Need: Spanish Translators
God has blessed our mission project and we may have more than our original intended 40 sites. This poses a good problem. We don’t have enough translators in Peru to accomodate our 40+ sites! If you speak Spanish or know someone who does and is interested in joining our mission trip. Please email me at Marella.Rudebaugh@nw.npuc.org.
Download the Peru Flyer/bulletin insert, Click Here.
- Develop 40+ soul winners (youth/students, lay members, interns, pastors, conference & union leaders) from the northwest US and beyond to return home and win souls. Each participant will be encouraged to be involved in a Week of Reaping back home April 17-24, 2010.
- Win souls in cooperation with the local church leaders and members and strengthen the Seventh-day Adventist work in Peru.
- Preach, teach and conduct outreach at forty sites (20 student series + 20 full series).
- To help with a building project.
- Run day medical clinics out of area churches (we can use as many doctors and nurses as there are churches)
If you have a group of people who would like to help with a building project as well as evangelism contact Marella.Rudebaugh@nw.npuc.org. Plan to raise additional funds to assist.
Calendar & Schedules, March 2010—
|March 2010||Full Series||Student Series*|
|Arrival||10 Wednesday||17 Wednesday|
|Orientation||11 Thursday||18 Thursday|
|Begin Series||12 Friday||19 Friday|
|Cultural Trip & Night Off||15 Monday||22 Monday|
|End Series||27 Sabbath morning||27 Sabbath morning|
|Final Large Baptism & Rally||27 Sabbath afternoon||27 Sabbath afternoon|
Cheryl and Ed Dunn from the Alaska Conference are working on plans for a tour of Peru after the meetings and are open to having some others join them. They are looking at visiting Machu Pichu, The Sacred Valley, Manu Park, Lake Titicaca, and maybe more. If you are interested contact Cheryl Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2009.
|Orientation Day Schedule—||Full Series||Student Series|
|Mission Team Orientation||March 11, 2-5pm||March 18, 6-8pm|
|Mission Team & Local Leaders Orientation Together||March 11, 2-4pm||March 18, 4-6pm|
Daily Schedule (except Sabbath)—
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Group Worship & Discipling
- 10:30 Preparation, Recreation, Relaxation (School Week of Prayer option for 2nd week)
- 3pm Visitation and/or Week of Prayer at Schools
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening Meeting at sites (Preach/Teach/Share), Return to Lodging
Estimated Participant Costs— (As of 6/9/2009)
We rely on the recommendation of our hosts to find a safe, clean place for us to stay during our time overseas. The locals have negotiated a significantly lower rate for us at this hotel. We will take care of your reservation. NOTE: Do NOT contact the hotel to make a reservation.
|Expense||Student Series||Full Series|
|Airfare (to Trujillo, Peru)||$1,000-1250||$1,000-1250|
|Lodging & Meals (Gran Hotel el Golf)||400||800|
|Estimated Total for each participant||$1,500- 1,750||$1,900- 2,250|
Clothing Expectations for Trujillo, Peru—
|For these activities…||Preaching/teaching||Outreach/Visitation||Other|
|Men||Lightweight Suit (any color) w/tie Shoes (No flip flops or sandals)||Slacks and shirt (any color) w/tie Shoes (No flip flops or sandals)||Casual|
|Ladies||Dress or skirt & blouse (no pants) Shoes (No flip flops or sandals)||Same as Preaching/Teaching||Casual|
For more information you can email questions to Marella.Rudebaugh@nw.npuc.org.